Map With Itinerary

Bruce Andrews in an interview with Jeff Derksen and Kevin Davies

Explanation and prescription. My sense of praxis is prescriptive, and it's based on the idea of explanation. The notion is that any explanation has embedded within it a particular prescription for how to change things, and that that very often has to be teased out of the explanation. And in the same way any prescription for change, and therefore I think any praxis carries with it, has embedded within it, an explanation, or a mapping, to use a more currently fashionable term, of the social terrain that someone is interested in changing. So those things parallel exactly my study of American foreign policy. I wanted that change, I wanted to think about how it could be changed, and the only way I could answer that question was to see why it was the way it is.
in Paradise & Method: Poetics & Praxis

And so for day 1596
27.04.2011