Repackaging

Jeff Derksen segment from "Interface" in Dwell (1993)

Almost a non sequitur. The target is neoliberal globalism.

I bought your book for a quarter.

My body's attached to my leg, to a genetic history, to a parallel sentence structure stretching over the horizon.

"A reader must face the fact that Canadian literature is undeniably sombre and negative, and that this to a large extent is both a reflection and a chosen definition of the national sensibility."

Cheerleading is a growth industry in the U.S.

I'm stepping aside here, just to say that if it's not my job, I'm not going to do it, and if it's not my arm I won't twist it.
A way back into the grid of these declarations is via the source of the quotation — that bit about sombre CanLit is from Marie Mulvey-Roberts The Handbook to Gothic Literature quoting Margaret Atwood Survival: A Thematic Guide to Canadian Literature and now reproduced by Jeff Derksen. And that may not be the author's route. Mulvey-Roberts and Derksen may have gone directly to the source independently. But they chose to quote the same package.

I didn't buy the book. I borrowed it from a tax-supported library. Furthermore not Dwell but the publication of "Interface" in The New Long Poem Anthology.

And so for day 1794
11.11.2011