Subduing the Imperatives

Comparing what I heard with what I read, I became aware of two versions of the song. A snippet for comparison...

Melanie version Rolling Stones version
There's no time to lose I heard her say
You gotta catch your dreams before they run away
Dying all the time
Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind
Is life unkind

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who is gonna hang a name on you
And when you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you
"There's no time to lose, " I heard her say
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Dying all the time
Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind
Ain't life unkind?

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you


Slight but impactful differences ... might ... will

And so for day 2384
23.06.2013